Monday, February 9, 2009

Jean Paul Gaultier makes me want to get married...

Couture, being in many ways the apex of fashion, is, I think a fitting first post for my blog on all things fashion (plus a bit of whatever else interests me), music, art, movies, books, gossip, politics...

I always look forward to couture, and this sheer flamenco inspired Gaultier gown worn here by Georgina Stoljovic could even inspire me to lose 5 kilos and get married...

There's a lot of debate on the relevance of couture, but I see it the same way as an art dealer would put on an exhibition.. in all cultures, historical and modern, even in times of great poverty, people have expended their time and energy making art and beautiful things, and when you think about all the energy expended on ugly shit like wars and other pointless ugliness , who the heck is complaining about this??

....So Gaultier was my favourite Collection, but Chanel was fighting for my affections all the way!
I could also wear this gorgeous(but not so sexy) number from Chanel. I thought Karl as always hit the zeitgeist right on the head with his pared back, paper- inspired collection. The paper flower set was almost operatic!



No comments:

Post a Comment