Saturday, February 14, 2009

Karen Walker in New York Autumn/Winter 09/10








I just checked out the Karen Walker collection and my initial impression is, that like many of the other collections this season, it feels pared back and restrained compared to previous seasons But it still strongly exudes the Karen Walker signature, the print dresses which always seem to be my favourite peices from her, and elements like the bows, puffed sleeves, bodice styled dresses and cloche hats carry on from last season.
I especially love the blue print blouse here and the skirt... gorgeous...(and also the dress in the same blue print fabric), the gold shoes, cloche hats and particularly this zip- off jacket than can also worn bolero- style.
The gray- marle print dress with matching bag is something I would buy and get a lot of wear from.. casual but VEEEERy nice.... (Skye Stracke made her season debut at this show also...)

No comments:

Post a Comment